Double Blade Strategy
In two words, the core Junsado combat strategies are perception and deception. Perceiving what the opponent intends is the primary goal. Then analyse and plan your actions. But do not allow your opponent to perceive what you intend to do. Deception comes into play at this stage. There are obvious deceptions and unseen deceptions. Both are good for combat. Sometimes the most obvious deception is the best. Skillful interaction of perception and deception paves the road for your success.
Introduction to Two Basic Strategies
1. Primary Response. The primary response is the instinctive animalistic safety response that you are born with. It has four goals:
1) To gain time to escape;
2) To secure the stability to fight back;
3) To establish mental and physical superiority over your opponent;
4) To create the opening for your secondary response.
2. Secondary Response. The definition of the secondary response is the actions necessary to end a confrontation. There are simple techniques and complex techniques; single techniques and multiple combinations such as lateral and planar combinations. Some forces are often unified or opposed, therefore you must be able to perceive the condition of the forces to unify or oppose them in 9 different ways.
You must be logged in to post a comment.